Today’s manicure is TRENDY. Zoya cho with an accent nail in color club lava lamp. The orange is so much brighter than it looks.
Shea Terra Argan and Green Coffee Around Eye Serum
I started using this serum about two weeks ago. I use it every night on my entire eye area. It has definitely made a difference in my dark under eye circles. They are essentially non-existent any more. It is also great for anti-aging, as it contains argan oil. Aging begins for most people in their 20s, so its never too early!
The smell of this serum isn’t bad necessarily, but it definitely doesn’t smell good. It definitely smells better than their serum of youth that I use on my entire face.
Overall, I really like this product. It has smoothed out my eye area and definitely given life back to the delicate under eye skin.
You can purchase 2 oz at Shea Terra Organics for $38. That bottle will last you a VERY long time.
February Beauty Army!
My February beauty army kit came in! I continue to be SO impressed with this subscription. So much so that I just started a second one. That’s right, a beauty army kit in my mail box every two weeks! That however is less significant than what I thought of these products, and boy…I LOVED them!
- Indie Lee Coconut Citrus Body Scrub
- I LOVE this! You know how most coconut scented things smell so fake? This doesn’t! It has a hint of vanilla, citrus, and coconut scents, and its like bathing with brown sugar. I’ve used this every day since receiving it and I NEVER want to get out of the shower.
- MyFace Blingtone eyeshadow in Caribbean Queen
- So, I put this in my samples thinking I really wanted some make up and I was crazy about last month’s blingtone that I got in diamonds and pearls, even though I am SO not a blue eye shadow type. I’m really glad I did because this isn’t your typical blue. Its a gorgeous aqua/teal type color with amazing glitter in it. This will definitely get a lot of use. I will write a review of it later, including swatches, but trust me it is so pretty!
- Weleda Iris Hydrating Facial Lotion
- I have about 5 samples of this lotion floating around, but I really like it! Just a little bit is enough to keep my face moisturized all day, and it has never caused a break out.
- Befine Night Cream
- The claims on this say it will reduce fine lines and wrinkles, which was the main reason I wanted to try it. I have only used it twice, so I can’t accurately judge this, but I can say it feels nice on my skin!
- Babor Anti-stress Anti-Jetlag Cream
- I have way too many creams laying around my house, this is such a nice sized sample of what looks to be a very nice moisturizer, I’m saving it to use as many consecutive times as possible so I can get a fair idea of how it works!
- Cover FX Eye prep primer
- Today is the second day I am using this primer. Yesterday, my eye shadow did not budge! It definitely hid the very fine lines I have wear my crows feet will eventually exist, (sad about that!). I don’t know if I would be willling to spring the $43 for a full size, but I do like this product.
So that is my February kit! I’ll have another one to review in the next few weeks since I placed an order for it today!
You too can get monthly samples that YOU choose for $12/month from beauty army by going to beautyarmy.com!
So, it has come to my attention that the last few months have been…problematic when it comes to shopping. My beauty supplies and cosmetics have probably tripled. My nail polish has gone from maybe 10 bottles to more than 50 in about 6 months. I have a lot of product that I don’t even use. SO for the month of March, I’m not buying anything new. Here’s the break down on my rules:
1. I’m not cancelling any subscriptions, but I’m not getting any new ones. I have 2 beauty army, 2 birchboxes, a beauty box 5, myglam, blissmobox, sample society, the look bag, sindulge, and (not beauty) lovewithfood. My goal is to evaluate them after I receive them all this month, and narrow it down to 3. One of my birchboxes is annual, so I don’t pay for it monthly. I obviously do not need this many sample services though, as a lot of them get samples from the same companies. I also have Julep but I skipped this month.
2. I’m not cancelling any orders I placed previously. I’m waiting on several cosmetic orders from Haute Look and an order from ELF. oops.
3. I am allowed to buy foundation and devacurl hair products if I run out.
And that’s it. I am not setting foot in Ulta until April 1st. If it goes well, I will try to do another month.
I will keep track of everything I use up in this time, and I will make myself post reviews on it.